Monday, December 21, 2009

Beautiful Blog Series: Songbird

We have another first for our Beautiful Blog Series - an international blog! How exciting! Songbird, a blog run by Marianne, in the Netherlands, is the Beautiful Blog I would like to recognize this week.



Marianne actually contacted me last week, asking me to look over her site to see what I thought. Well, I thought it was gorgeous! And, she has done all the design herself!! I so admire do-it-yourselfers who can really do it. She had done an absolutely lovely job on her blog.

Things I love about Songbird are:
  1. Very pleasing-to-eye color scheme.
  2. Subtle yet beautiful header.
  3. Highly functional and well done navigation bar.
  4. Social media icons that match her blog.
  5. A neat and tidy side bar.
  6. Easy to read text in the posting and sidebar areas. 
Marianne writes about decoration and crafts, about vintage inspired thrifting and living life to it's fullest. It is not only a blog that is lovely to look at, it is definitely a blog worth reading and following.

Congratulations, Marianne, for having a beautiful blog! I admire all you've accomplished with your blog design and hope to one day be able to do the same. Below is a button for you to add to your sidebar or in a post if you would like to share it with your readers.









Please Note: To see more beautiful blogs, head over to Designs So Pretty, where a beautiful blog is featured almost every day!



5 comments:

Marianne said...

Yeah! Thats me up there! Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments and praise. I am really proud to be one of your featured blogs. Gonna add the button to my blog now!

Anne Lorys said...

So nice to discover your blog! And many thanks for calling attention to the many lovely blogs out there, you have a real knack for spotting eye candy! :-)

Nice to meet you, and Merry Christmas!
Anne

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

I just discovered Marianne's blog and it's already a favorite. I love her banner and am amazed that she did it all herself.

Manuela

Amanda said...

Thank you both for taking time to comment. Marianne is a delight and I am looking forward to seeing her here at BBD some! ;-)

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I love Marianne's blog and it's great to see her featured. :)

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment.