Saturday, February 7, 2009

Blogging Help - Memes

If you are new to blogging you are probably saying "what the heck are memes?" Well, they are a theme to follow and then you leave your post's permalink (the exact address to that particular post, not your blog's home address) at the site that started the meme.

Click here for an example of a post a did for the Haiku meme I follow at my personal blog Moving Forward. I then left my post's permalink at A Mommy Story (the blogger who hosts the meme) so that others could click over to view my post. It gave me something to write about that day and helped get more traffic to my blog.

Here are some other memes you make like to follow:


There are many other memes out there you can follow. The Daily Meme is a site that is like a directory of memes so check it out if you don't see one here you would like. If you find one or more that are really interesting, please come back and leave a comment so I can update this list. Thanks!

Here are the memes I follow. To go the site where they are hosted, simply click on the pictures.

Haiku Friday

Homeschool Memoirs!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

Mom Blogs

2 comments:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

I have a weekly meme called Family FotoFun Friday that created the button for. You can find it here.

Amanda said...

Thank you, Diana! I added it, plus others, to the list.

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment.